(Photo taken pre Covid-19)
TEMPORARY Constituency/Communications Assistant (Part Time)
Tommy Sheppard MP
Job description and person specification
Salary: Dependent on experience and in accordance with IPSA pay scales
Job Details: Temporary contract until end of March 2021.
Part time (3 days a week). Out of office hours working may be required but time off in lieu will be available subject to agreement.
Location: Home working in line with Scottish government Covid-19 guidance / constituency office.
Key task: To support the office’s activity in a range of tasks, working with other staff within a small, busy team, to help constituents by ensuring competent and proactive communications.
- Improving information to constituents across all media platforms
- Draft responses to constituents
- Research local, regional or national issues to support the MP’s work
- Assist in managing and developing the MP’s website content
- Publicise the MP’s parliamentary duties on Social Media
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with GDPR
- Other tasks to assist with the day-to-day running of an MP’s office assigned by the office manager
The post holder will have:
- Current or previous Westminster security clearance (preferable but not essential)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to self-motivate
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of communications and social media platforms
- Experience in creating social media content
- Experience of working in politics and/or communications
- An appreciation of the responsibilities involved in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Competent use of IT, in particular MS Office, photoshop and other creative software, and the ability to adapt quickly to new software
- An interest in politics and an understanding of the aims of the SNP
A CV and covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Constituency Assistant Application”.
The deadline for applications has been extended until Friday 30th October.